Why join NYBB or NCBB?
If you join the NYBB or the NCBB, there are some things you can take for granted:
- You’ll receive teaching of the highest quality to develop your musical ability.
- We believe in giving everyone an opportunity so we choose the members of our band based on merit, not your background or where you live.
- We want you to experience the best music. As well as traditional repertoire we commission works by living composers and each course includes several major contemporary works and at least one world premiere.
- We want to give a great start to your career in music so we provide broader perspectives that will help you find your way in the music industry. You could become a composer, a performer, a conductor, a teacher. Whichever direction you want to follow, we can help with guidance and direction on those important next steps.
- Finally, we know you’re more than a musician – that’s why you’ll have the opportunities to develop as a leader, be a mentor and create relationships that will last a lifetime. Hear from Ellen, one of past members.
NYBB will support you to achieve an Arts Award! What's that?
Arts Award develops young people aged 5-25 as artists. It’s managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England.
Arts Award is a unique qualification, supporting young people to develop as artists and arts leaders, assessing art form knowledge and understanding, creativity and communication rather than a specific art form skill level. Anyone up to the age of 25 can gain an Arts Award through any art form, including technical and support roles.
There are five levels, four of which are accredited on the QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework). Gold, the highest level Arts Award carries 35 UCAS tariff points.
To access the official Arts Award site click here.